Quick and Easy Thank You Note
By Amelia Poll
By Amelia Poll
I am all about quick gratification when it comes to craft projects. And with a little one running around, there isn’t much time to spend on long, drawn out projects. These cards are extremely fast and super simple to whip up. They are also a great scrap buster because they can be made in any size.
Supplies:
Supplies:Cardstock for card
Scrapbook paper
Scissors
Sewing machine & thread or glue (I prefer a glue stick – quick dry time, I’m impatient)
Directions:
These cards can be made in any size, and with any embellishment shape you choose. I chose to make mine small – 3.25 inches x 5.5 inches. Whatever size you choose, cut out your card, and fold it in half (even faster? Use a pre-made card. I always have a stack of blank cards that are just awaiting embellishment).
I thought hearts would be one of the easiest shapes to do, so I went with some pink cardstock and patterned pink scrapbook paper scraps. To make the heart pattern, I went with the method learned in elementary school – fold a piece of paper in half, draw half a heart on the fold and cut it out – works every time. If you are using a sewing machine, use the heart to trace and cut out three hearts, if you are using a glue stick, cut out 4 hearts. If you are one of the lucky ones to have a cutting machine, this step is even easier.
For those with a sewing machine: Once your hearts are cut out, stack all three hearts on top of each other, and place them in the center, front of your card. Using a straight stitch, sew down the middle of your stack of hearts. I lengthened the stitch length on my machine, but that is not necessary. I did one back stitch at the beginning and end of my line, but it is definitely not required.
Now, go make a bunch more J (Yes, you can see the threads on the other side of the card. It doesn’t bother me, but if you don’t like it, you can cut out a piece of paper to fit the inside of your card and glue it down once you’ve sewn on the hearts.)
For those using a glue stick:
Fold three hearts in half, patterned sides together. Take two of the hearts and glue one side of each to the other. Take the third folded heart and glue it to one of the other sides (it doesn’t matter which side). Glue the fourth, and only unfolded heart, to the center of the card front.
The hearts that you glued together should now form a heart shape on the back. Put glue on the heart that is attached to the card front, and attach the 3D heart you created out of the other three hearts.
Ta-done! Go make a bunch more, as well. This general technique could be used with any number of designs. I am planning to make some shamrocks using green hearts for St. Patrick’s Day – send someone some good luck for the 17th. Have fun with these, and make them your own. It is always nice to have a cute card on hand for any occasion. Enjoy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment